Swimlanes for Scrum is now on Codeplex for everyone to use. Like I mentioned in the last post, this project started off as a learning exercise. But I figured, there might be other Scrum teams out there who might need lean and mean web-based Scrum Swimlane taskboard for use, in daily stand-up scrum meetings.
So here it goes, modify the web.config file to suit your settings, host it on IIS, set the application pool to “Enable 32 bit applications” and off you go.
Swimlanes for Scrum
Swimlanes Taskboard for TeamProjects with TFS (currently supports SfTS V3 Template)
- Look at Product Backlog Items and Sprint Backlog Item statuses and get the big picture for a given sprint (Sprint numbers are configurable via the web.config)
- Ability to modify statuses and move from one status to another.
- Vertical and a horizontal view (for non-widescreen displays)
Wish list for Enhancements:
- View complete details (all fields) of a work item in a tooltip
- View Related links, for a given Product and Sprint backlog item
- View Impediments, Retrospectives, bugs
- Windows Authentication (login with domain id)
- Support for MS Agile Templates
- Support for other Scrum Repositories, apart from TFS
Built with the following technnologies
- ASP.Net MVC 3 on Visual Studio 2010
- jQuery and jQuery Templates
- TFS API and WIQL (Work Item Query Language)